‘What are the Champions’ Tottenham, 7th place is also close… The crossroads to advance to the European competition for 15 consecutive seasons

Tottenham Hotspur has fallen to 7th place. The possibility of advancing to the European Football Federation (UEFA) Champions League (UCL) next season has already disappeared.

Tottenham lost 1-2 to Aston Villa in the 36th round of the 2022-2023 Premier League held at Villa Park in Birmingham, England on the 13th (Korean time).

It was the worst performance ever.바카라사이트 Tottenham took the lead in the 8th minute of the first half with Jacob Ramsey, and in the 27th minute of the second half, Douglas Lewis conceded a free kick. In the 45th minute of the second half, Harry Kane scored a goal from a penalty kick, but that was it. Tottenham could not cope with Villa’s strong pressure at all, and collapsed with only offside committed 9 times.

With this defeat, Tottenham’s chances of entering fourth place became 0%. Even if Tottenham wins both of their remaining matches, they will not be able to finish fourth. The sacking of manager Antonio Conte and acting manager Christian Stellini also did not work.

[Photo] ⓒGettyimages (Unauthorized reproduction and redistribution prohibited)

Tottenham eventually fell to 7th place behind Brighton. Brighton beat Arsenal 3-0 on the 15th and recorded 58 points, surpassing Tottenham (57 points), who played two more games, to occupy 6th place. For Brighton, the victory on the day effectively secured the right to advance to the UEFA Europa League (UEL).

Only Tottenham’s worries deepened. Now Tottenham are in a situation where they have to worry about advancing to the European competition itself. Tottenham (57 points, +6 goal difference) has the same number of points as Villa (57 points, +4 goal difference), but is in 7th place, two goals ahead in goal difference. It is a gap that can be overturned at any time depending on the results of the remaining two games.

Tottenham is at a crossroads between advancing to the UEFA Europa Conference (UECL) and failing to advance to European competitions. Fortunately, the schedule is on Tottenham’s side. Tottenham will face 9th placed Brentford and 18th placed Leeds United, while Villa will face 5th placed Liverpool and 6th placed Brighton.

[Photo] ⓒGettyimages (Unauthorized reproduction and redistribution prohibited)

Of course, you can’t be careless. Tottenham have not been playing well recently, with only one win in their last six games. The moment Brentford, which is on the rise, and Leeds, which is fighting a fierce battle for survival, are caught up in their ankles, they may fall to 8th place after 14 seasons since the 2008-2009 season, and their advance to the European competition itself may be canceled.

Statistical media ‘Five Thirty Eight’ predicted Tottenham’s final ranking as 7th. The media calculated a 9% chance of Tottenham finishing 6th and a 61% chance of keeping 7th. There is a 30% chance of falling below 8th place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *