Park Ye-eun, who plays an important role in Colin Bellho, expressed her determination to face England.
The Korean women’s national team, led by head coach Colin Bell, will face England in the first leg of the Arnold Clark Cup held at Stadium MK in Milton Keynes, England on the 17th at 4:45 am (Korean time). South Korea is 15th in the FIFA rankings, and England is 4th.
2023 is a very important year for the women’s national team. This is because the 2023 Australia-New Zealand Women’s World Cup will be held in July. The women’s national team earned a ticket to the 2023 FIFA Australia-New Zealand Women’s World Cup by finishing runner-up in the 2022 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Women’s Asian Cup.
The women’s national team, which is preparing for the World Cup, faces England, Belgium and Italy one after another. It seems that we can achieve good results in the World Cup only when we create a good atmosphere. The Korea Football Association released an interview with Park Ye-eun of Brighton on the 15th to hear her will.
– How do you feel about facing strong teams such as England, Italy, and Belgium?
It’s my first time playing against a strong team, and women’s soccer is really popular in England right now. The opportunity itself for our team to show Korean women’s soccer in such an environment is a great experience and I am grateful.
– In the second game 안전놀이터against New Zealand last year, she started as a defensive midfielder instead of Jo So-hyun and even scored a goal. How would you feel if you looked back at the game at the time?
After moving to Brighton, he is experiencing playing against strong players in England. I think I showed the advantages I get here in the match against New Zealand. I wanted to play my game during the game, and I think that led to the goal.
– I think Park Ye-eun’s role will grow with Jo So-hyun and Lee Young-joo’s absence this time around. What kind of image do you want to appeal in this tournament?
Depending on the opponent, the coach’s strategy is different. I don’t know what kind of role he will give me, but if there is a role that the coach wants, he thinks that a player should do his best to fit that role. If given the opportunity again, he will do his best in the role and help our team win.
– How do you feel facing England as a member of Brighton?
Several players from his team were also called up to the England national team this time. We also talked about where we would be playing and what our expectations were for each other ahead of the match. They are players I used to play with and know each other’s styles, so I want to win even more.
– You must have adapted to coach Colin Bell’s style to some extent now. What is the coach’s football color and what do you think he demands of you?
The coach always likes high-intensity and fast football. So he also tells me to always play fast passing and forward football. He always tries to create what our team needs.
– The year of the World Cup has dawned. What do you think is required to participate in the World Cup for the first time in your life, and are you prepared for the World Cup?
In the World Cup, I think you have to score more goals than your opponent. We will do our best to bring good results so that our team can score goals.